Illumina MiSeq is the first DNA-to-data sequencing platform that enables clustering, Amplification, sequencing, and data analysis in a united-in-one device. Thanks to the small footprint (approx. 0.19 square meters), the system is suitable for virtually any laboratory setting. The MiSeq system uses SBS chemistry (Sequencing by Synthesis, sequencing by synthesis) of Illumina, a proven NGS sequencing technology (Next Generation Sequencing, sequencing of the Next Generation), with which more than 90% of the world’s Sequencing data are generated.
With the MiSeq System, you can access focused applications such as targeted resequencing, metagenomics, small genome sequencing, targeted gene expression profiling, and more. MiSeq reagents enable up to 15 Gb of output with 25 million sequencing reads, and two × 300 bp read lengths. The MiSeq system is ideal for fast and inexpensive genetic analysis with NGS performance and compact dimensions.
What is Illumina MiSeq?
Next-generation sequencing device for many low to medium throughput applications, e.g., Panel sequencing, genome sequencing of bacterial genomes, microbiome analyses, small transcriptomes. The MiSeq is an integrated instrument that performs clonal Amplification, genomic DNA sequencing, and data analysis with base calling, alignment, variant calling, and reporting in a single run.
The MiSeq benchtop instrument utilizes a double-sided, single-lane flow cell and reagent cartridge supplied in kit form. Sequencing is performed by recording the synthesis of DNA strands in clusters of sample templates attached to the flow cell.
- High-Speed, Multiplexed 16S Amplicon Sequencing
- Nextera Library Prep for the MiSeq System
- Sequencing Library QC on the MiSeq System
- High-Speed, Multiplexed Microbial Sequencing on the MiSeq System
- High-quality, paired-end reads ensure superior de novo genome assembly
What is the difference between Illumina MiSeq and HiSeq?
Simple, intuitive NGS workflow
MiSeq offers short sequencing run times and long read lengths while maintaining high data quality.
|MiSeq Reagent Kit v2||MiSeq Reagent Kit v3|
|> 90% bases higher than Q30 at 1 × 36 bp||> 85% bases higher than Q30 at 2 × 75 bp|
|> 90% bases higher than Q30 at 2 × 25 bp||> 70% bases higher than Q30 at 2 × 300 bp|
|> 80% bases higher than Q30 at 2 × 150 bp|
|> 75% bases higher than Q30 at 2 × 250 bp|
† A quality score (Q-score) predicts the probability of an error in base calling. The percentage of bases > Q30 is averaged across the entire run.
A preliminary study on the potential of Nanopore MinION and Illumina MiSeq 16S rRNA gene sequencing
Both short-read amplicons sequenced by Illumina MiSeq and long-read amplicons sequenced by Nanopore MinION were taxonomically assigned against the GG and SILVA databases. The microbial classifications obtained were compared at different taxonomic levels (order, family, genus, and species) for all 12 samples.
- Installation and Operational Qualification
- Disposable Wash Tubes
- MiSeq Reagent Kit v3 (150-cycle)
- MiSeq Reagent Kit v3 (600-cycle)
- TG MiSeq Reagent Kit v3 (600 cycles)
- TG MiSeq® Reagent Kit v3 (150 cycles)
- Reagent Kit v2 (50-cycles)
- Reagent Kit v2 (300-cycles)
- Reagent Kit v2 (500-cycles)
- OEM installation and preventative maintenance have been performed.
- The machine is powered down when not in use. Washes are performed monthly. All software included.