Applied Biosystems 7500 is a powerful platform for labs requiring superior performance and maximum dye versatility. This system is a sophisticated platform for users who require extended capabilities and maximum versatility. The 3rd generation platform features an innovative optical system that enhances sensitivity and lets you access a broader range of fluorophores. The variable excitation capability allows greater sensitivity for longer wavelength (red) dyes.
Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast Dx Real-Time PCR Instrument with SDS Software is a real-time nucleic acid amplification and five-color fluorescence detection system available for in vitro diagnostic use. The 7500 Fast Dx Real-Time PCR Instrument delivers the performance required for high-quality results in a 96-well format.
Applied Biosystems 7500 Key Features
- The powerful, five-color platform is calibrated for the broadest range of dyes available: FAM™⁄SYBR® Green I, VIC®⁄JOE™, NED™⁄ TAMRA™⁄ Cy3™, ROX™⁄Texas Red®, and Cy5™ dyes.
- The specialized optical system enables easy and accurate calibration of new dyes without requiring new filter sets.
- Advanced multi-component algorithm minimizes spectral crosstalk – superior for multiplexing.
- User-friendly software includes plate set-up wizards, multi-plate data viewing capabilities, and advanced analysis tools to simplify and simplify data processing.
- Software: SDS 2.0 or 1.4
- Fully Refurbished, calibration/alignment to factory standard.
- Certified with a 90-day warranty
NEW – 7500 Software v2.0:
The easy-to-use StepOne software is available for both the 7500 and 7500 Fast systems with the 7500 Software v2.0 upgrade. The 7500 Software v2.0 incorporates your favorite StepOne Software features, such as a variety of plate setup wizards, standard curve dilution and master mix recipe calculators, QC flags, data filters, and email notification when a run is finished. The 7500 Software v2.0 also includes an enhanced Gene Expression Study package. It has various new melting curve protocol options, including multiple peak detection, step and hold temperature control, and customizable ramp rates.
The NEW Gene Expression Study package accommodates large studies better than any other instrument software package:
- Import an unlimited number of Comparative CT (relative quantitation) files to one study
- Group samples and view data both by technical replicate group and biological replicate group
- Use any gene(s) as endogenous control, including averaging multiple controls together.
- Enter known efficiency values to be factored into the RQ results
21 CFR Part 11 Module available:
The SDS v1.4 21CFRp11 Module is a powerful tool for assisting with 21CFRp11 compliance while still offering the flexibility of user-customizable configuration settings.
- Individual user log-ins can be added for up to four user groups, each with a designated permission setting.
- User-customizable permission settings include fourteen system activities, e-signature authority designation, and additional security settings to give you maximum control over your compliance efforts.
- Audit trails can be enabled or disabled depending on your traceability needs.
- A selection of e-signatures is available to ease e-signatures into your workflow.
Supports Many Applications:
Applications include gene expression analysis, pathogen quantitation, SNP genotyping, isothermal, and +⁄– assays utilizing internal positive controls. To facilitate many of these applications, Applied Biosystems™ provides preformulated, ready-to-use, quality-tested, TaqMan™ assays for use with the 7500 system. Now you can reduce your assay optimization efforts.
Upgrade to High-Speed Thermal Cycling:
An optional upgrade to the 7500 Fast System is available. This 7500 Fast System uses our master mix formulations and enables you to shorten your real-time PCR runs to as little as 30 minutes.
Applied Biosystems 7500 Specifications:
- Thermal Block Formats: 96-well plate
- Max. Heating Rate (Thermal Block): 2.5°C/sec.
- Temperature Accuracy (Thermal Block): 0.25°C (35 to 95°C after 3 min.)
- Detection: 5 emission filters, 5 excitation filters, CCD camera, tungsten-halogen lamp
- Multiplex: Multiplexing
- Sensitivity: 1 Copy of RNase P gene (human genomic DNA)
- Quantitative PCR run time: < 2 hours
- Supported volumes: 20-100 uL
- Weight: 75 lb. (34kg)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 13.39 x 19.29 x 17.72 in. (34 x 49 x 45 cm)
Fully calibrated and performance tested on 5/7/2021. All calibrations are done, and a new bulb was installed. The standard Curve R2 value of .996 on the RNaseP Assay. The system is fully ready to run tests and performs to manufacturer standards.
Calibrations and Tests performed on 5/7/2021:
- ROI Calibration
- Optical Calibration
- Spectral Dye Calibrations: FAM, SYBR Green I, VIC, JOE, NED, TAMRA, and ROX
- TaqMan RNase P Instrument Verification Passed/Performed r2 of .996.
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR system
- Dell Laptop with ABI 7500 software version 2.3 (latest version)
- Communication and Power Cables
- Power Conditioner, Voltage Regulator, & Battery Backup UPS For Applied Biosystems 7500