Rotor-Gene Q is a thermal cycling system for real-time high-precision polymerase chain reaction (PCR), endpoint PCR, and high-resolution melt analysis (HRM). It is ideal for research in gene expression analysis, genotyping, an indication of infectious agents, and many other research areas.
The Rotor-Gene Q real-time PCR instrument combines many optimized design features to deliver outstanding performance and reliable results your research demands. The rotor system of the reaction unit allows maintaining the specified temperature and optimal reaction conditions for effective amplification and detection. It also makes it possible to simultaneously study up to 100 objects and significantly reduce the analysis time. This system allows you to easily configure, optimize and create a protocol for the required type of Analysis.
Rotor-Gene Q is a high sensitivity and precision thermal cycler for real-time PCR. Thanks to its HRM (High-Resolution Melting) channel, it allows the detection of SNP class 4. Rotor-Gene Q is the only one that has a rotary system architecture, regulating the temperature through airflow, which makes it more precise and uniform in control.
Rotor-Gene Q Advantages
- Real-time data display.
- Rotary reaction module.
- Possibility of using replaceable rotors for 36 and 72 samples.
- Ability to work with rotary plates for 72 samples.
- The expandable capacity of the reaction blocks up to 100 samples.
- Possibly carrying out multiplex polymerase chain reaction with the case of independent detection of at least 5 (five) DNA targets.
- Possibility of quantitative determination of amplification products.
- Possibility of using universal 0.2 ml PCR tubes with flat and convex lids.
- Possibility of using tubes in strips with a volume of 0.1 ml.
- The volume of the reaction mixture is 10 – 50 μl.
- Heating rate – not less than 15 ° С / sec.
- Cooling rate – not less than 20 ° С / sec.
- Uniformity of temperatures from sample to sample – no more than ± 0.02 ° С.
- Resolution for temperature setting (minimum programmable change) – no more than ± 0.02 ° С.
- Temperature range – from 35 to 99 ° С.
- Temperature measurement accuracy – no more than ± 0.5 ° С.
- Excitation sources are high-energy light-emitting diodes.
- The detector is a photomultiplier tube.
- The time to obtain a fluorescence indicator from one sample is no more than 4 seconds.
- The kits of domestic manufacturers are adapted to work on Rotor-Gene Q devices.
- Unrivaled thermal and optical performance for real-time PCR with the rotary format.
- Unrivaled optical range covering ultraviolet and infrared wavelengths.
- Perform modern analyzes with user-friendly software and optimized QIAGEN kits.
- Minimal variation in thermal and optical performance from sample to sample.
- Easy maintenance and maximum convenience thanks to robust design.
Streamlined Analysis to drive your Research Forward.
The Gene Q rotor combines many optimized design features to provide outstanding performance and reliable results you require. The unique centrifuge design makes the Gene Q Rotor the most accurate and versatile real-time PCR machine on the market. The combination of instruments and reagents for real-time PCR provides a comprehensive analytical solution for pathogen detection.
The unique rotary design of the Rotor-Gene makes it the most accurate and versatile qPCR Thermal Cycler available on the market. Each tube rotates in an air-heated chamber keeping all samples at the same temperature. In detection, each tube is aligned with the optics, the sample is illuminated, and the fluorescent signal is quickly captured from a single short optical path.